Happy New Year from Hilton Head Island, SC! We are having a blast here in HHI and not ever wanting to come home. Since the new year is upon us, I wanted to share some of my favorite memories from 2018 along with some goals for 2019. I have to say that 2018 was a hard year on my family. We had some bad news concerning my aunt (see post here). But, also had so many wonderful memories too! I am hoping 2019 will be filled with lots more memories and fun! We are planning on traveling some more in the new year along with some very exciting blog collaborations. 2019 will be one for the books and I can’t wait to share it with you all.
Let me also say that you all have been fabulous and I couldn’t have asked for a better community of followers. You all are so sweet and it makes me want to continue to create better content this year! I am so appreciative of all the comments, purchases from my links and YOU! I don’t think I can say thank you enough!!
FAVORITE MEMORIES BY MONTH:
It was a family affair to celebrate my niece who turned 13. Brian’s family hosted a Bat-Mizfah to celebrate at the Dallas Aquarium. It was so much fun! I haven’t danced all night like that in quite a while. It was my one night of the year that I drank too much too! I only allow myself one of those a year!
This was a very low-key month. But, one of the biggest highlights was starting a partnership with James Avery. I have been working with them consistently over the past year too!
We went out to Pilot Point, Texas to see the Tulips in bloom. It was the first time we had been. It was beautiful and totally worth the trip out there. I would suggest arriving early though…it gets really busy!
Literally, nothing happened in the month of April besides preparing for May. We booked our trip to Austin to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday.
My favorite month of the year…birthday month! I turned 31 this year. I am officially in my 30s and not mad about it. We also celebrated 6 years of marriage by going to Austin. We had such a fun time in Austin and I just love traveling with Brian.
My mom came to visit this month. This was the first time I had seen her in almost a year…so to say we were excited is an understatement! I also shot with Kasey and we showed up matching in gingham!
From Left to Right: me, Amanda (Glitter and Spice Blog), Jaclyn (My View in Heels), Yasmina (Dress Well Travel Often), Whitney (Whit’s Whims), Kasey (Running in Heels Blog), Geordian (Adore More with Geor)
In July, one of my blogger friends Yasmina (Dress Well Travel Often) headed off to Chicago to get her Masters. A bunch of us got together to celebrate at Javier’s.
August was a busy month. First, we celebrated Brian’s 36th birthday with his family. I attended a blogger brunch with the best host Rhonda. A highlight of the month was attending the Victoria’s Secret event at the Crescent Hotel. This was by far the biggest event I have attended and it was so much fun! We even got to meet VS angel, Romee Strijd and influencer, Negin Mirsalehi.
September was also super busy! I attended a fun event with Frederic Fekkai and changed up my hair color for the first time in a while. We also traveled to St. Louis to see one of my best friends from college get married.
This month was pretty low key. We did start the tradition of family dinners at my parents house this month and all went to the pumpkin patch together.
We stayed in Dallas for Thanksgiving this year. It was the first year in quite a while that we stayed in town for Thanksgiving. I also attended a fun event with Kasey at Trunk Club. We made Fall floral arrangements, saw a fashion presentation and made some festive drinks.
We celebrated Christmas with both Brian and I’s familys. Then, we headed out to HHI to ring in the New Year. I have been wanting to come back to HHI and Charleston since we left back in 2015. South Carolina holds my heart. I am a Texas girl…born and raised…but I could totally see myself living in HHI with Brian. I’ve never felt so strongly about living anywhere else but here.
- Workout – I hit a major goal of mine for 2018, by working out consistently for the whole year. I attended over 50+ classes at Solidcore this year. I am so happy that I actually stuck to my goal and found a workout that I love. I will be continuing my workout journey right on into 2019.
- Blogging – My blog and social media have grown so much this year. I hit 17K followers in November. This was huge for me because I have been stagnant for a while and not growing as much these days! I hope I can grow to at least 20K by the first of 2019. I know that numbers don’t matter as much these days. But, this has been a personal goal of mine for a while.
- Quality over Quantity – Another goal of mine from last year was focusing on creating better content than just a bunch of content. I feel like a did a great job of this last year. I post longer posts (i.e. this post…LOL) and share better quality photos. I am going to continue this goal right on into 2019. I am starting to really enjoy writing more too.
- Buy a House – This has been on Brian and I’s list of goals for a while. We haven’t been able to focus on it as much as we would like to in the past years. I am hoping that this year we can finally buy a home and make it ours.
- Less Stress & Anxiety – I feel like 2018 was a year of stress and anxiety as a lot of family issues happened. I want to go into 2019 with less stress and not worrying about the future. I want to focus on what is good now and all the wonderful things I have in my life right now.
- Daily Gratitude – I want to start a running list of things I am grateful for each day. This way I am focused on more positive things in my life than negative. I am a firm believer in you get what you put out into the world. If you are negative, all you are going to get it negativity.
A quick note about Instagram: Instagram has been a struggle for us bloggers this past year since they keeping change the algorithm again and again. And that awkward update or glitch that happened about a week ago. Now, you aren’t seeing my photos. My engagement has really suffered this last year. I have been trying to put more focus on my blog rather than Instragram because honestly who knows what is going to happen there. But, I still would love you all to follow me and engage with me.
I asked you all a while ago if you were seeing my posts when I posted and most of you said no. That is pretty sad to me that not as many people, even my followers are seeing my content. Trust me, when you spend a lot of time editing, shooting and styling photos you want people to see them.
Here are some ways that you can make sure you see my photos:
- Interact – Like, comment and even press that get notifications button so you can see your favorites posts, not only from me, but from all your other favorite bloggers.
- Sponsored Content – This is always a tricky subject especially these days, but it is how bloggers make their money, so even if the post is sponsored make sure to give it a like. Engagement is how most of us land those sponsored posts to begin with. It really helps us out and allows us to continue to create content for you all.
- Share with Friends – If you like our content, chances are your friends or family will like us too!
My top nine photos for the 2018. I love looking back and seeing what you all enjoy!
27 thoughts on “2018 Favorite Memories + 2019 Goals”
Looks like such a great year and I love that you were able to stick with your fitness goal! That is amazing. Love your goals for this new year as well!
cute & little
Hilton Head is one of my favorite places!!! I hope you having lots of fun! Sounds like an amazing year.
It looks like you had an incredible year!
Wow! It looks like you had an amazing year!! Isn’t it so fun to look back at all the memories from the past year!? I love it!
This was a great recap! Sorry about the hard times, but loved seeing what you have been up to!
xoxo Carolyn @ http://www.mychicobsession.com
Every year has its ups and downs! Here’s to a great 2019 and I hope you achieve your goals!
An exciting year for sure! Thank you for sharing these beautiful moments with us.
Looks like you had an amazing year! Hope you have a happy new year!
It looks as though you had a wonderful year! Lots of family, friends, and traveling – which is the way to do it, for sure! Here’s to 2019 being just as great. And I’m glad you shared that bit about Instagram. It’s been dreadful lately! 🙁
awww sounds like you had a really fun and eventful year babe! cheers to even more good times in 2019! xx
Thank you girl! Hope you had a happy new year!
What a wonderful and eventful 2018 you have! IG has been a bit hard lately!
Thanks! Happy 2019! I know it has been a rough one with IG.
What a spectacular year for you babe! Wishing you all the happiness and joy in the world for 2019! xo, Suzanne
Thank you so much Suzanne! Happy New Year to you!
Daily gratitude is also on my list! I was filled with too much anxiety and worry in 2018, but would love to change that around to gratitude this year!
-xo, Azanique | https://www.lotsofsass.com
Awesome girl! Hope 2019 is less stressful for the both of us!
What a great idea! Thanks for walking us through your beautiful year!
Thank you Lauryn! Hope you had the best New Year!
2018 was so good to you! Glad you had such a great year full of small adventures like Pilot Pointto see the Tulips and bag events like the Victoria Secret blogger event! Such a cool year and cheers to having an even better 2019!
Thank you so much Bryanna! Happy 2019 to you!
This is such a beautiful recap! Maybe it’s not too late to do one as welk!
Yea – I don’t think it’s took late! Thank you!
Looks like you had an amazing year full of events and time spent with family. We are heading to HHI at the end of June for our first family vacation and I’m so excited!
Oh yay! I will have my HHI travel guide up on the blog this week! You will have so much fun!