I am back with another installment of ‘Beauty Buys‘ for the month of October. I am really enjoying sharing all the products that I have added to my makeup bag and skincare cabinet for the month. Please keep in mind that some of these items were sent to me while others were purchased. As always, I give my honest feedback on each product I review.
I have been trying this foundation for at least 4 weeks now and I have to say I am very impressed. It is a medium coverage foundation, which I prefer to full coverage. I don’t really use that much foundation just about 1 or 2 pumps all over my skin. It leaves a flawless luminous finish to the skin. The foundation doesn’t crease either which it a huge plus! I have been wearing this foundation in all of my photos lately. If you are in the market for a new foundation, I recommend checking this one out. They also have a huge shade range.
I am loving this concealer that goes with the foundation above. I love the sponge applicator (reminds me of my favorite concealer from Maybelline – Age Rewind). It makes applying the concealer fast and easy. It doesn’t crease under my eyes either if I set with my setting powder.
Source Vital Natural Deodorant || $16.95
I am a huge fan of natural deodorant these days. I have tried this one from Source Vital before and loved receiving it in the mail again this year. It not only works at keeping me smelling fresh, but it has a great scent too! I prefer the spray formula. But, it also comes in stick form too!
They are having a fun challenge this October in celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness month. Read below to enter to win!
Natural Deodorant Challenge – Why make the switch!
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is the perfect time to make the switch to a natural deodorant
- Natural deodorants won’t clog your pores or inhibit the body’s natural ability to get rid of toxins
- A buildup of toxins in the body isn’t healthy for anyone!
- Natural deodorants, like Deozein do not include potentially dangerous aluminums and other irritating ingredients
- It’s easy to make the switch but the body will take several weeks to adjust, so give it a little time
How to Enter the Natural Deodorant Challenge to support a great cause and win great prizes
- Starts Monday, Oct. 1 and ends Wednesday, Oct. 31
- Social Media
- Visit @source_vital Instagram feed and look for a Natural Deodorant Challenge post
- Comment on the post by:
- Tagging three friends
- Using #naturaldeodorantchallenge
- Following @source_vital
- Get 5 BONUS entries by signing up online at: https://www.sourcevital.com/pages/natural-deodorant-challenge
- Fill out the quick and easy form
- Hit enter
- Get an additional 3 more entries when you invite friends to participate, using the link provided
The Kami Pad || $24.00
This product was kindly sent to me by The Kami Pad team. I was really excited to give it a try too! The Kami Pad is a 100% medical grade silicone anti-aging, anti-wrinkle pads. I have to say I was very interested to try these when they came in the mail. They are re-usable, so you get a great value for your money. The one that I have been trying over the last couple of weeks in the one for the chest. They also have ones for your forehead, eyes, upper lip/smile lines and neck. You wear it from anywhere between 3-12 hours a day to help reduce and prevent wrinkles. You can use these pads up to 30 times too! I am excited to keep using this to see what my results will be, but so far I am loving it.
Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in Stark Naked || $18.00
I have had this tube of lipstick in my collection for a little bit. But, I have never reached for it until recently. It actually is the perfect nude shade for my skin tone. Which can sometimes be a little tricky, but this one is a great one for lighter skin tones I love pairing it with this lipgloss (just restocked) from the Desi x Katy collection.
Gem Lights Colorwash in Tahitian Pearl || $35.00
I purchased this product on recommendation from my colorist, Jessica, at Frederic Fekkai. Since, I haven’t had highlights in quite sometime I wanted a shampoo that would help keep the brassy or red tones out of my hair. Jessica recommended this one from Gem Lights and I decided to purchase it. I add one drop to my regular shampoo everyday. It works great and keeps my color looking fresh. I highly recommend if you have colored hair. It comes in a variety of shades depending on your hair color.