Taco Soup Recipe6:51:00 AM
I came home last week from work to find my husband already home and this taco soup on the stove. To say I was excited was an understatement! Taco soup is one of my favorites during the colder months and he even substituted the beef for turkey (I can't really have a whole lot of beef because of my stomach). He definitely knows the way to my heart, through my stomach! But, in all seriousness this is such a great recipe for anytime. I am hoping to make it again for the Superbowl.
Make sure if you give this a try to take a picture and share it with me on Instagram (@beautifullyelegantblog).
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 (15 1/2- ounce) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles
- 1 (4.6-ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix
- Sour Cream, for garnish
- Grated Cheese, for garnish
- Avocado, for garnish
- Lime, for garnish
Brown the ground turkey and onions in a large skillet; drain the excess fat, then transfer the browned turkey and onions to a large slow cooker or stockpot. Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, black olives, taco seasoning, and ranch mix, and cook in a slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 1 hour in a pot on the stove. Top with sour cream (I skipped this because it doesn't agree with me), cheese, avocado and a lime.