8 Things to do this Summer in Dallas, TX7:16:00 AM
Thank you for stopping by, xo.
1. The Dallas Zoo- The zoo is always a fun family adventure. We all went as a family not too long ago and had a blast! I would suggest going early in the morning (around the time that they open) to avoid the traffic and the heat!
2. Farmers Market- My hubby and I made the Farmer's Market a tradition of ours a couple of years ago. We like to go on Saturday or Sunday mornings to look around, eat and shop. It is fun for everyone and they have several new restaurants and stores open, since the remodel.
3. Dallas Museum of Art & Nasher Sculpture Center- The Museums in downtown are a great indoor activity for when it is just too hot! They have several great exhibits coming this summer to the Dallas Museum of Art and Nasher Sculpture Center.
4. Kylde Warren Park- On the weekends the food trucks line up and the families show up. There is a large park for the kids as well as a splash pad for when it gets too hot! There are a wide variety of food truck options. You can find a list of 'things to do' while at the park here. They also have a list of all the food trucks that will be there any given day. You can also reserve a spot for a party or event.
5. The Lot- This is a fun place for dinner and drinks. The LOT describes it as "good food, cold beer, cool patios". If you have kids they will love it because there is a large area for them to play and have fun in the sand.
6. White Rock Lake- If you have a dog this is a great place to take them. They have an area where you can let them jump into the water as well as a dog park. If you don't have a dog, there is also an area where you can rent a paddle board or kayak. This would be a great activity for a date or family outing.
7. Bishop Arts District- There are several amazing restaurants down in Bishop Arts. They also have some cute shops to look in before or after your meal. One of my favorite restaurants located down there is Stock & Barrel. My husband took me here for my birthday dinner and it was really good. Another one of our favorites is Tillman's Roadhouse.
8. Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens- This is a wonderful place to visit in the summer. They have 'Wednesday Night Nature Night' going on right now. Which features extended hours (open until 8), food or dessert trucks and a sculpture scavenger hut for kids. During the summer they also have a 'Thursday Night Concert Series'. There is a lot of fun for the whole family here.